Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Prom Countdown



Don't have a prom dress yet? Don't worry! There's plenty of time! Over the next few days I'm going to feature everything from prom dresses, to shoes, to hairstyles, to advice for getting ready for your big day.

TIP: Go to your nearest bookstore, grab a cup of coffee and pour through the magazines. I guarantee there are a bunch featuring prom fashion. Before heading out to the stores, figure out what you're looking for and a price range. Make sure to set a maximum price. Don't bother trying on dresses that cost more than you're willing to spend. You don't want to fall in love with a dress you can't afford.


I'll admit this is a little pricey, but I love this dress from Arden B. The embellishments give the dress just the right amount of sparkle without making it over the top.

Silk Embellished Charm Dress
$128





I love the color of this dress from Nordstrom, but if you're not a fan of the color, it also comes in black. How cute is the little pocket? I also really love the cut of this.

Teeze Me Rosette Satin Dress
$72





TIP: Buy something that fits the day you try it on. At this point, prom cannot be that far away. If something doesn't fit today, it probably won't fit in a few weeks. Besides, do you really want the stress of trying to starve yourself into your prom dress? (No, you don't. Trust me!)

No comments: