Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth Of July Presidential Style



Happy fourth of July everyone! I hope wherever you are you had a chance to eat some bbq, relax, and bask in the sunshine. I definitely need to hit the gym tomorrow! I thought it would be fun to showcase some of my favorite outfits worn by the families of our nation's presidents today.


Jacqueline Kennedy was the most stylish first lady, and her favorite designer was Oleg Cassini. Here is Jackie wearing Oleg Cassini to the inagural ball.



Laura Bush was married to arguably our most polarizing president, but I always had a fondness for her. Maybe it is because she attended both of my alma maters - The University of Texas and Southern Methodist University. Laura is a huge fan of Oscar de la Renta, and apparently so if Jenna. He designed Jenna's wedding dress. 

Here is Laura wearing one of my favorite de la  Renta creations. I love the sparkle, and I think it's so age appropriate. 




Here is Jenna in her de la Renta wedding gown.





Betty Ford might be best known for the clinic named after her, but she was actually a pretty stylish lady. Her clothes are very current now that Mad Men has made the retro look cool again. I love this cheery yellow suit she wore to meet Queen Elizabeth.





This post wouldn't be complete with a favorite outfit from Michelle Obama. I love that Michelle wore an ensemble from J. Crew (b/c I'm totally obsessed with that store). Of course, the cardigan sold out within hours of the release of this picture.




No comments: