Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Mullet Hemline



Business in the front, party in the back! I'll be honest, I have no idea what the correct term is for the hemline everyone has been sporting all summer, but basically, it is shorter in the front and longer in the back. I think calling it the "mullet hemline" is the the most fitting name.  I wasn't a fan of this, but it's grown on me over the summer, so much so, that I'm looking to get at least one dress with the mullet hemline to wear in Austin this weekend.

*Correction - I decided to resort to google, and realized this is called a "high low (or hi-lo) hemline." I still think mullet is the better term!


Check out some of my thrifty/trendy hi-lo finds...


I love everything about this dress. The colors are perfect for the summer and look flattering on any skin tone. It looks incredibly soft and comfy, and you can wear this so many places - at the beach, at brunch with your girlfriends, while running errands, etc. The price is really great too.

ASOS - River Island Bandeau Colorblock Maxi  - $41.43





I really like the look of this next dress. The floral print kind of feels 90s inspired, especially it you paired it with black boots. Also nice, it's on sale! Grab this one at Urban Outfitters before it's gone.


Urban Outfitters - Lucca Couture Crepe High/Low Dress  - $49.99 (originally $69)





Forever 21 is great for trendy clothing that you don't want to spend a ton of money on. This is definitely one of those trends that might not be relevant next year. I really love the purple color of this high/low dress. I'm also a fan of the racerback style and belt. If you have an hourglass shape, you would look great in this one. This is also a good choice for someone with toned shoulders or back.


Forever 21 - High-Low Racerback Dress - $24.80




No comments: