Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Building A Better Wardrobe, Part II

Here are some more things I think that are worth splurging on, and remember these are items you will wear over and over again. Some of these items you can pass down in your family because they will never go out of style (like the handbags). Consider them investments if you will.


The Work Shoe
You wear these shoes over 8 hours a day so they better be comfortable! I know, we don't want something hideous and orthopedic looking to wear to work, but if you shop around, you can find a shoe that's comfortable and stylish at the same time. If it's on sale, then brownie points for you, but if not then go ahead and splurge. Trust me, these will be well worth it! Working is tiring enough without coming home to achy, blistered feet.

Once again, make sure these are not too trendy looking. A neutral color is best. I spend far less money of the flashy shoes, that cost less and make my feel hurt, because I'm only wearing them for a few hours when I go out at night.



The Bra
I'm not saying you have to spend $100 on a bra, but I'm sure you've heard this before, but many women are wearing the wrong size bra. Wearing the right bra can totally transform your look, and when you look better, you feel better about yourself. If you're a half size, then go ahead and spend a little extra for those bras. If you usually wear plain, boring bras (b/c no one will see them right?) go ahead and buy a fancy, beautiful bra. It doesn't matter whether or not anyone will see it, it's how it make you feel. A beautiful bra underneath my clothes make me exude sexiness. Try it! You'll see a difference!!

A great website to check out is FigLeaves.com. A lot of my friends who wear odd sizes always find something there.



Stay tuned for things NOT to splurge on...

No comments: